Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Last Few Days on XL campus...

Everyone I met had just two questions, “What will you do?” and “Why are you not going home?”. The first one I could easily answer, “I’ll find something to do.” The second one was slightly more tricky. If I said XL was a home to me, it sounded very cheesy. If I said, “I loved the company of friends in XL”, as with a lot of other things in XL (and me), GRAX circles would be having a field day trying to guess the “friend” I was staying back for. But surprisingly, both of the statements were true. Obviously I love going home but that is something I would be doing a lot of times in the future. Staying and relishing the campus, unhindered, was not something I’d get to do a lot after March 27th.

So as it figured out, I went to a trip North-East and came back. There are about a score of us on campus. And there has not been a day when I’ve been bored. I’ve found myself something, and something interesting, to do. Others might see it as vellapanti, but after two years of being involved with so many things that happened on this beautiful campus, I deserve my moments of vellapanti.

Spending time in Googling the most arbit (also arcane) stuff, updating Wiki stubs, reading book reviews (I even read a novel after a long time), movie reviews (I’m yet to see one though) doesn’t seem a waste of time now. And I don’t get the FRAXer tag for doing this too. I don’t FRAX. And I’ve got some actual work lined up in the coming week. So here I am, spending the last few days of XL campus (Oh, I’ll keep coming back, but then, it won’t ever be the same). Cherishing the free time... Cherishing the beautiful campus... Cherishing the election process, this time as an outsider... Listening to cribbing about how SAC rules are unjust and outright redundant... It’s fun being on the listening side of GRAX too :P

3 comments:

tush said...

Worry not comrade for here we come on 22nd.....

skhajone said...

Enjoy to the max buddy. :)

Tushar Kataria said...

Reading this post of yours....and yup, I know it's a long time now...but can probably never stop feeling nostalgic! Guess I'm a hopeless romantic when it comes to XL!

and imagine the coincidence....as I write this, my music player is playing "Sutta" :P (albeit the original one by Mohit Lalwani)!