Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm happy today

Dear Blog,

There are many reasons I’d be happy today... some told many untold... I’ll share the former here.

There is something in me that can’t tolerate sad people... and even more so, seeing people sad. And when I’m happy, I know I’ve seen a happy person or at least made an attempt (with some success) to make someone happy. And that was all that made me happy today...

To start off – saw the speech I had written for the MCN class and smiled to myself... said to myself, “I’m so damned if I am asked to speak today...!!!” and couldn’t help but smile... Made myself happy!!! Nice beginning for the day...

Then saw happy faces around (some, in spite of bashings received)... looked like some turtle-heads which had retracted to their shells for the tumultuous time had made their way out with a smile... Thoughts about the wonderful learning from the session we just had (and in general) and further smiles. Did it mean there were no hectic schedules for the day, negative!!! This is the power of the human mind. It can selectively filter moments of joy out of a raging ocean.

The last one, I dunno if it really qualifies to be here... We had gone on a “village trip” and seen some sad faces there. We were asked to propose solutions to turn them into smiles. A humorous and most certainly impractical one though, we presented a solution. TATA could not sell trucks as vehemently as we did. It may not have brought smiles that were intended but I felt satisfied that I did at least think of it. (It sure did bring smiles to the panel)

Do I not knw that these smiles I try to create are not the complete truth... But then wat is... So for the time being... I’ll be happy...

Well, happy till those smiles last. As they say, I’m living the dream, enjoying the life in the matrix,, floating on cloud nine...

MMM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Puneet at his very best - hiding facts and indirect references, trying to protect identities...
Bachchu, hum bhi tumhe 10 saal se jaante hain..
"Turtle heads which had retracted to their shells"
"Moments of joy"

Continue.. live the dream.. the matrix is all yours.. The cloud nine is floating really high :)

Right na??

Puneet said...

Yeah.. u got it right :)